Content / Legal
Content / Legal / Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
- Hourly Rate
The hourly rate for work carried out during the normal business hours of 09:00
and 17:00, Monday to Friday will be included in your Estimate. (Please note I
am currently located in South Africa, UTC+2)
- Daily Rate
A daily rate can be negotiated depending on the client’s requirements and budget. A deposit must be paid to secure the full day. As the full business day will be booked, any cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance or the deposit will be forfeited.
After 17:30, weekends and South African public holidays. If you require any overtime work, please ask for an estimate. Overtime work is subject to time availability.
Please request a quote/estimate for work required. Please note that any changes to requested services will impact the quote/estimate.
- Responsibilities and liability
All reasonable care will be taken to ensure work is completed to the highest achievable standard, however, Katherine Emsley will not be held liable for loss, expense, or damage caused by any act or omission that occurs throughout the duration of the project. All clients are required to check and sign off on all proofs provided by printers or manufacturers. Katherine Emsley and Graffikat is not responsible for any mistakes or damage once work has gone to printers or manufacturers.
Changes to copy, however small, do impact the work and can add considerable time to the project. For best results, please ensure that the copy you provide is complete and has been proofread. As we work with international clients, we are aware that spelling and grammar can change according to the region, therefore, we will not make any corrections. If you are providing copy in a language other than English, please take extra care to inform us if any systems have accidentally changed capitalisation or hyphenation.
Should The Client wish to cancel/terminate the agreement and discontinue any work in progress, The Client must notify Katherine Emsley and Graffikat immediately of this intention. Hours worked to that point will be invoiced if they have gone over the paid deposit amount.
A deposit is required for any work done that is over R1000. New clients requiring work under R1000 must pay in full upfront. Deposits are non-refundable unless cancellation is implemented by Katherine Emsley, Graffikat.
- This is a notice to inform you of our policy about information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. We take your privacy seriously. We do not sell or rent out information about our clients and customers.
- We will hold in confidence all information you provide to us and ask that you will do the same with our information.
- We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and their information will be kept private and confidential unless otherwise discussed with you for the purposes mentioned below.
- Unless set out below, we do not share or sell to a third party, any information collected through our website.
- We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave the website immediately
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you express an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services when you participate in activities on this website or when you contact us via any other means. We use personal information collected via our website, WhatsApp, social media platforms, or telephone calls for a variety of business purposes as described below.
- Creation of accounts and login processes.
If you choose to link your website, social media accounts, address, telephone number or any other accounts with us or with any products we create for you to a third-party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you provide us with to those third parties to facilitate account creation and login process for the creation of products or services requested by you.
- To post testimonials.
We post testimonials on our website and social media that may contain personal information such as your or your business name, location, etc. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will request your consent. If you wish to update or write a testimonial, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include your name and location. We reserve the right as to which testimonials will be posted to our website and/or social media.
- Request for feedback.
We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our website and services.
- To enable user-to-user communications.
We may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications. Consent of each user will be requested prior to its use.
- For management of accounts on your behalf.
We may use your information for the purposes of managing and maintaining accounts.
- To send administrative information to you.
We may use your information to send you product, service, and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms and conditions, and our policies as well as reminders.
- To protect our services.
We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
- To respond to legal requests and/or to prevent harm.
If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- Fulfil and manage your orders.
We may use your information to fulfil and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the website, social media or online payment platforms.
- To deliver services or products.
We may use your information to provide you with the requested service or product.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users.
We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our services.
- To send you marketing, promotional, or news communications.
We use MailChimp for newsletters, marketing campaigns, and updating of services offered. The option to unsubscribe will be offered on the communications.
- Google Maps Platform APIs.
- Third parties
We may employ a third-party company or freelancer, depending on your needs, and certain information (such as login details) may need to be shared with them. Your consent will be requested prior to handing over any information.
We do not provide services directly to children. If you are under 18 years of age, please obtain a parent or legal guardians permission to use this website. Services can be obtained by a parent or legal guardian on behalf of a child under 18 years of age, however all communications and payment transactions will be done with the parent or legal guardian only.